CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 25, 2016

V For Victorious in the Amazon Kindle Bestseller Battle - #AtoZChallenge

Today is the “V” Day in the A to Z Challenge – 2016.


It is tough out there for a writer. Not only is writing a book difficult, but developing a presence that includes readers and sales is next to impossible. So if you’re an indie author that has had a bestseller you should be elated. You’ve been victorious in an uphill struggle to get noticed.

It took me a while. My gut told me to get paid for my efforts. For years I wanted compensation for the months and months of hard work. However, those dollars are hard to come by when readers and the general public has never heard of you. Who would know if you even existed?


The book marketing people urged me to participate in the Kindle Select program. One facet of that was an opportunity to give my eBook away for free on five days. Okay, I bowed to the suggestion. I needed readers and a free offering might serve as an introductory gesture.

It looks like I chose the right marketers to help me. Four titles were offered for free in 2015. The massive amount of Kindle downloads pushed all four of them to lofty heights on the Amazon Bestseller list. Not only did impressive Overall rankings occur, but numerous Number 1 rankings occurred in many sub-genres.



When all is said and done I can say that Opur’s Blade, Pabby’s Score, Lifetime Loser, and Shari’s Shot reached impressive levels on Amazon on various Bestseller lists. Because of that they are included in promotional emails that are generated by Amazon and Kindle to customers. Now the worldwide online bookseller helps me promote!

In my book that can be regarded as a major Victory with a capital V.



James Ross has penned several novels from the Prairie Winds Golf Course setting. The stories are character-based, cross many genres, and have become Kindle favorites. Visit his  website for detailed information, reader comments, and contact links.

No comments: