CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Kindle, Kindle Unlimited (KU) and Kindle Owners Lending Library (KOLL) #AtoZChallenge

Today is the “K” Day in the A to Z Challenge – 2016.

As an indie author it has been a tough journey to get noticed. There are literally thousands of writers in that category and most have a great desire to feel some sort of presence in the book market. Kindle changed all of that for me.

Ebooks have exploded on the market the last few years. When Amazon came out with their Kindle tablet they beat the competition to the finish line. Literally millions of books were converted to eFormat to be read on a Kindle. For authors it saved publishing costs and shipping costs. Still I was hesitant to jump on the bandwagon until I learned the parameters of the various programs.

I’ve spent the last 2-3 years understanding the options and have not looked back. Economically the eBook conversion makes sense for an author. Kindle Select has made it attractive for indie authors like me to get involved.

The Kindle Unlimited (KU) program is set up to benefit Amazon, readers, and writers. For $9.99 per month readers can select from over a million books to read. With a click the book can be downloaded onto a Kindle device and is available to be read in seconds. Serious readers have to enjoy that process.

The Kindle Owners Lending Library is available to all Amazon Prime members. There again the reader can select from over a million books. I won’t get into the nuances and restrictions that each program offers, but when all is said and done the choices are very reasonable for all involved.

Like many authors I initially fought giving away my titles for free. However I have found that the free offerings on Kindle have afforded me an opportunity to get thousands of readers which have led to cross sales on other books. I’m very grateful to Amazon and Kindle for providing the exposure and marketing to boost my sales. Without their help I would be like most authors – still searching for ways to get my written words read.

If you’re a reader that is a fan of the increasingly popular new eBook Bundle then feel free to try mine. Available now on Kindle are two 3-book bundles at a reduced price. They are James Ross – A Young Adult Trilogy and James Ross – A Character-Based Collection.


James Ross has penned several novels from the Prairie Winds Golf Course setting. The stories are character-based, cross many genres, and have become Kindle favorites. Visit his  website for detailed information, reader comments, and contact links.

No comments: