CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Does This Sound Like Your Caddy?


Are you having a difficult time getting motivated and energized on this Monday morning? Maybe you didn't play your best game of golf over the weekend and you can't get that horrible shot on the 12th hole out of your head. Or, even worse, maybe the weather in your area prevented you from being able to play golf at all! In an effort to lift the spirits of my readers as we begin the work week, I decided a lighthearted post was in order.

I found a Top Ten list, attributed to David Letterman, of statements that were overheard being made by caddies on the golf course. Here are a few of my favorites:

Golfer: “This is the worst course I’ve ever played on.”
Caddy: “This isn’t the golf course. We left that an hour ago.”


Golfer: “Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?”

Caddy: “Eventually.”


Golfer: “How do you like my game?”

Caddy: “Very good, sir, but personally, I prefer golf.”

Please visit the website to read the rest of the list. I'm sure most of you can come up with your own ways in which caddies offer their not-so-positive opinions on the play of the person whose clubs they are carrying.

In my series of novels, which take place at the fictional Prairie Winds Golf Course, readers will encounter quite a few amusing characters and moments of laughter. If you enjoy books that look at the lighter side of life while also tackling some of the most difficult and controversial issues in our culture, I hope you will give Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey's Course a try!

No comments: