CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Check Me Out on Facebook and Twitter


With three published novels and a fourth book that I am hoping will be released in the first half of 2010, I have learned quite a bit about the worlds of writing and marketing. I’m sure many authors will agree, particularly those who have chosen the self-publishing route, the hard work really begins after the final words of a book are written.
The entire writing process is fun! Once I develop my general plotline and character sketches, the books often take on lives of their own. The characters may even develop in ways that I don’t even expect when I sit down to engage them in a new scene. It’s enjoyable to create situations to place them in and experience how they interact with one another.
But, after the book is done and bound, how do you get people to take notice and spread the word to others?
Authors have so many publicity options that were not available to writers just five or ten years ago. Currently the social networking tools of Twitter and Facebook enable me to reach the reading audience. I am active on both sites and I would love for you to join me there.
You can simply look up my name on Facebook and search for James Ross from Saint Louis. On Twitter I am known as both @golfnovels and @JamesRossBooks. Please connect with me so that you can be one of the first to be notified of any book signings, radio appearances, or other events. I update all of my online information on a regular basis.
If you haven’t checked out any of my books yet, I hope you will do so. Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey’s Course all take place against the backdrop of the fictional Prairie Winds Golf Course. However, keep in mind that the story lines have universal appeal. They are not strictly about golf. That is merely the setting. Whether or not you are a fan of golf, I think you will enjoy the memorable characters you meet within the pages of my books!

No comments: