CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Who Do You Want to Join You on the Course?

I imagine that most of us have been asked the question at some point, "If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would you choose and why?" It's a common discussion starter at parties or to pass time on long car trips. More often than not, historical figures like Jesus Christ and Gandhi make the list, as well as more personal favorites like Grandma and an inspirational high school soccer coach.

I would like to offer a twist to the original question.

In my three published books--Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey's Course--I focused great attention and detail on the development of my characters. From the alcoholic pilot to the musician displaced by Hurricane Katrina to the teenage boy who is struggling to reach manhood without a male role model, just to name a few, my novels feature people who are multi-dimensional and flawed, but often also sympathetic. Each one of them brings stories and a personal background that adds an important component to the dynamics of the Prairie Winds Golf Course.

So, with my interest in both memorable personalities and the sport of golf established, I would like to ask this question -- "If you could play a round of golf with any three people, dead or alive, who would they be and why?" For most of us who love golf, the company we keep during this time is critical!

Who captivates you for their potential to contribute to an interesting morning filled with a great sport and quality conversation? I look forward to hearing your ideas!

1 comment:

Mental Golf Blog said...

Way way back in 1979 as a young golfer I attended The Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes (the year Seve won his first Open).
On one of the practice days late in the evening I walked a hole with Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson & Johnny Miller.
I'd like to join them and make up a fourball with Jack as my partner.