CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Julie's Turn for New Year's Resolutions


I hope that all of you had a fun and safe start to the New Year. I've been checking out some of the blogs hosted by other writers and so many of you have shared some great resolutions for the New Year. Most of my professional goals are focused on the continued marketing of my three published novels as well as the final work needed to get my fourth book, Opur's Blade, ready for the market.

As part of multi-part character review, I am sharing what I think would be appropriate New Year's resolutions for some of my more popular characters. Today I want to reflect on the long-suffering Julie, the young woman who works in the clubhouse and deals with harassment from some of the regulars.

What are Julie's goals for 2010?

1. Find a way to get Captain Jer arrested for drunk driving. A quick phone call to the cops as he is leaving the golf course should do the trick.

2. Complete her education and come back to Prairie Winds as a wealthy and successful business woman to play her own round of golf.

3. Set up a running loop of audio tapes about sexual harassment to play in the men's bathroom.

4. Volunteer to teach basic accounting skills to women who live at the nearby homeless shelter.

5. Get into a stable relationship with an intelligent guy who knows how to treat a woman well.

I think Julie will be in great shape if she reaches these goals this year.

For those of you who have gotten to know Julie through the pages of my three books--Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey's Course--what do you think? Are there other aspirations Julie should have that I'm forgetting? Let me know!

No comments: