CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Review of ‘Lifetime Loser’

Review By:
Ladies on The Tee
A Golf Community for Women by Sherry Tabb
Website: http://www.sherrytabb.com/

First let me start by stating that I am in no way considered to be a book critic. However, I know what holds my interest and what does not. Having said that I recently had the opportunity to read, the James Ross book, Lifetime Loser. This book is the first in a series of 3 novels to date by Mr. Ross.

Lifetime Loser is a story about greed vs. honesty. Its backdrop is a golf course and there is a well woven plot that involves a naive golf professional, J.W. Schroeder and a very unscrupulous business man, Lew Zerrmann and his equally dishonest associates and acquaintances. Ross takes us on a journey that spans two decades and has enough twists and turns to keep you hanging on every word.

For me this book was as interesting a read as a John Grisham or Patricia Cornwell novel (two of my personal favorites). The character development was strong and effectual. The proverbial fight of good vs. evil plays well in this book especially with the focus on greed. It rings so true for today’s world. It is not until the end that you really find out what will happen. There are many surprises even at the end so don’t think you can figure out who wins. You’ll need to read the book.

The bottom line is that I ended up putting off some office work to finish this book. It is a real page turner, even if you are NOT a golf fan. I am anxious to begin reading the second of the series, Finish Line. But for now, I have to get back to my office chores. I may have to burn some ‘midnight oil’ tonight and get into the next story….

Recommendation: A hole-in-one!!

No comments: