CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Who Should Bring My Characters to the Big Screen?


Most writers do not sit down at the keyboard to write a novel with visions of an Academy-award winning movie already running through their heads. If that was the case, I am sure their focus would be on writing screenplays instead of books. However, most authors may admit to the fact that they have allowed their minds to wander once in a while as they create the perfect Hollywood cast for their latest work.

There is now a website that allows these daydreams to be shared with others, and for fans of a book to offer their suggestions as well--StoryCasting.com. Through this site, visitors can select a novel and share their own ideas for who would make the perfect actors to bring the words to life on the big screen.

I have registered all three of my novels--Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey's Course--with Story Casting and shared my thoughts on who should be cast in the lead roles, as well as my ideas for some of the supporting characters.

What do you think about Matthew McConaughey as JDub?

How about Sandra Bullock as Julie?

If you have read any or all of my books, I would love to know who you envision taking on some of the characters that I've created. It's interesting to discover how the same words in a book can create such different images for readers.

Who knows? You may find that your ideas may lead to a script for one of my books finding its way to the desk of Robert DeNiro, Julia Roberts, or one of those Twilight guys!

No comments: