CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

A Serial Killer in Novels That Revolve Around Golf?

I have met many literary enthusiasts, both online and at in-person events, since publishing my three completed novels—Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey’s Course. It’s wonderful to find so many people who simply love to read and who are always looking for new authors and styles of writing to add to their collections. I have been asked the following question on many occasions, “Will I still enjoy your books if I know nothing about the game of golf?” Let me assure you that my three books, as well as the next one which is scheduled to be released later this year, offer much more than repetitive descriptions of golf swings and putting conditions. While Prairie Winds Golf Course is the primary backdrop for all of my novels and I certainly include my passion for golf into my work, the characters and their stories have many levels of complexity.

One subplot that runs throughout all of my books is the elusive serial killer who remains on the loose, much the frustration of law enforcement. This at-large predator creates a renewed sense of fear among area residents every time another crime update is broadcast over local radio. I feature quick segments about the killer in each of my novels, usually included to interrupt an otherwise mundane moment at the golf course. I want these updates to jolt the readers out of their sense of comfort and keep them wondering about when and if the lives of the serial killer and the regulars at Prairie Winds Golf Course might just intersect.

The introduction of a violent criminal is just one way in which I work to create a multifaceted plotline in my books. If you love the game of golf, you undoubtedly will find plenty to enjoy in all three novels. If you have never set foot on a golf course and could not tell the difference between a five iron and a putter, there are still plenty of moments in Lifetime Loser, Finish Line, and Tuey’s Course that will draw you in as well.

No comments: